English 110 required students to write a rhetorical analysis of a choice literary work. The project was designed to help develop a more sophisticated understanding of the relationships of purpose, audience, and voice.

While brainstorming and trying to imagine what work I wanted to analyze for the paper I came across Sarah Teasdale's poem There Will Come Soft Rains. This poem is a centerpiece in Bradbury's story that shares the same name, leading me to re-read the short story. I remembered as a younger kid not knowing what the signifigance of the story was, and in my initial re-read I found myself amazed at all the subtle use of literary devices and rhetoric. 

Bradbury is an exemplary writer, and while vague at times his work ultimately was layered with deep meaning. In reading and analyzing There Will Come Soft Rains I was given a glimpse of life in the cold war, in which the threat and possibility of nuclear annihilation was all too real. Bradbury also subtly cautions readers in the work, presenting the idea that our extinction was a result of our technology outpacing our humanity.