My name is Anna Becker and I am a senior at Elon University in North Carolina. I am a double major in Professional Writing and Rhetoric and International Studies with minors in French, Political Science, and African/African-American Studies. I will be graduating in May 2012 and embarking into the world as an extremely well-equipped professional writer after a remarkable experience within the PWR concentration.

The samples and narratives within this portfolio represent the work that I have completed throughout my college years and the skills that I have gained through various experiences. I have developed a strong identity as a professional writer who is service-oriented and focused on audience concerns, and the pieces in this portfolio provide examples of that. I used the different elements of my professional identity to create separate categories for my portfolio: Service and Advocacy, Collaborative Client Consulting, and Critical Cultural Analysis.

The pieces that I selected and the contextual narratives that I wrote will demonstrate to you the ways in which I have evolved as a writer, the skills that I have developed and honed, and the path that I have chosen for my writing. I am very excited to apply all of these valuable skills and strategies as I pursue my passions within the field of development and humanitarian service.

Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know me as a writer, a server, a collaborator, a critic, and a graduating PWR senior.

Peace,

Anna Becker