MEET SAM MCBRIDE!

My name is Sam McBride and I am currently a freshman student-athlete at Elon University, as well as the author of the personal narrative, "Beautiful Betsy." I just finished my first season as a member of the varsity men's soccer team, in which we posted a record of 15-5-2 and were selected to compete in the prestigious NCAA tournament. I grew up in the small town of Rye, New Hampshire up until the age of ten, when my family and I decided to move to Greensboro, North Carolina. I have been playing soccer for the past fourteen years and cannot get enough of it. My love for the game is indescribable, but it is certainly not the most important aspect of my life. Family has always come first, no matter what the circumstances. Additionally, academics is a very high priority, as I intend to major in biology and attend graduate school to ultimately become a physician's assistant. Ever since I first stepped foot onto Elon's beautiful campus, I knew it was the school for me and that it would give me the best opppurtunity to succeed on and off the soccer field.