Reese Advertising Digital Design Report

Context

During the summer before my senior year, I interned at an integrated marketing agency called Reese Advertising. One of my assignments was to do an intern service project in which I researched a topic, created a report, and gave a presentation about this topic to the employees so that they could incorporate what they learned into their marketing strategies. I decided to focus on Digital Design because marketing on the internet is fast, targeted, and effective. Therefore, along with my other responsibilities, I spent three months researching the best rhetorical strategies to use when marketing digitally.

Rhetorical Strategies

The report would be my final project, passed around to each employee, so I had to make sure it was clear and concise. Therefore, I relied heavily on images, rather than writing endless pages of text that no one would want to read. Whether it was a press release or a Facebook ad, I supplemented my brief explanation of the exact digital design strategy with an image of it in action. Then, to show how effective combining all of the digital design techniques into one marketing campaign is, I analyzed Red Bull because they have a strong company identity and extensive online presence. I assessed their website, banner ads, Facebook ads, Google ads, and press releases to explain how their visual brand and user-friendly content persuade their consumers. 

I wanted to end my report with a brief, final summary of the best practices for digital marketing in regards to design, so I created a one page Plan of Action sheet that covered everything in my report. This way, employees would not have to sift through my report in order to find the strategies that pertain to them. For example, if one employee works solely with Facebook ads, there is an entire section with a bulleted list about Facebook.

Reflection

This report had to be completed on top of my other duties as an intern, and it was an independent project that I was responsible for finishing on time, which helped me learn time management skills. I practiced my presentation skills when I was required to present my findings to the company. Overall, I was proud of my report because I felt that I researched a topic that provided digital design tips to everyone from Account Executives to the Creative Team members to the Managing Partners. I included this report in my portfolio because it represents my understanding of the importance of design and content in digital marketing.