Writing for a millennial audience is a fairly new genre that has produced specific conventions for the style of writing that is associated with it. Among these conventions is the use of language and the delivery of content thas is associated with the shared milennial experience. 

As a millennial myself, I found writing for the genre to be one of the most interesting rhetorical contexts that I have explored. As each generation has, there are many cultural niches that exist among the millennial age demographic. I began to realize this quickly through my lifestyle writing for the content I wrote for Spoiled NYC, Indigo Rein Jeans, Twenty Something Living, CollegeFashionista, and the blog posts I produced for the Center for Undergraduate Publishing and Information Design Studio at Elon University. Each publication had their own specific writing style despite the fact that they are catering to the same age demographic. 

Understanding this aspect of the genre has allowed me to more successfully understand the millennial audience and its diversity as a genre. My experiences writing for the millennial audience were extremely beneficial to not only my understanding and experience in professional writing and rhetoric, but also the professionalization of my skills set, as well.