The Volunteer

During my time at Elon University, I have been fortunate enough to work on various projects involving civic rhetoric. I have used text and images to reflect the trio of ethos, pathos, and logos for local nonprofit organizations. I have taken three service learning designated classes and have interned for a semester at a local nonprofit. 

Through this experience, I have learned not only what is involved with local organizations, but also how to craft an argument with a real purpose for writing. The projects that I have worked on all have a public audience, which helps my professional writing skills immensely. 

Overall, writing for local community partners has been rewarding and engaging. It has pushed me to question my place in society, as well as strengthened my professional communication. Writing with a purpose and audience truly comes alive when one is representing a cause they are passionate about. Civic engagement and rhetoric go hand in hand with my contributions to the Family Abuse Services' Website, the Family Abuse Services' Voices Newsletter, and the Friendship Adult Day Services grant. Please click through the following images to get a sample of the projects and please click the tabs on the left for full process narratives and more information. 

Family Abuse Services (FAS) Newsletter