Dear Reviewer, 

Thank you for taking the time to look through my portfolio. My name is Margaret Achey and I am an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing & Rhetoric and a minor in Communications. I am from Charlotte, North Carolina and am a senior at Elon University. The following portfolio is a digital argument of my growth in a wide variety of communication practices including visual design, research methods, collaboration practices, and civic writing. 

This portfolio is composed of three areas, The Collaborator, The Volunteer, and The Information Designer. I chose these three categories because I think they best describe my writing style and experience because they demonstrate my proficiency in a wide variety of genres. I have worked in publishing and nonprofit areas, including professional newsletters, self-published books, and website editing. The goal of this portfolio is to showcase my ability to partner with a client and complete a variety of deliverables. Through these pieces I hope to demonstrate my understanding that writing socially constructs the world in which we live and work.

This portfolio includes some of my most professional documents and narratives that articulate the rhetorical decisions that I made while completing the project. Please click through the tabs at the top of the page to see the variety of genres that reflect my experience. The landing page of each tab has a gallery of projects that give an overview of my work. 

This portfolio demonstrates my journey of developing my individual identity as a writer and rhetorician. Over the past four years I have built a strong foundation in professional writing that contributes to my identity and reflects my future passions in publishing and client collaboration.  

Thank you again,

Margaret "Maggie" Achey