Research and Analysis in Writing

Research and conducting inquiry are 

essential factors in producing informed, credible writing as well as being aware of what is occurring within your discourse community. Being able to analyze and synthesize research and inquiry is equally as important, and the purpose of this section is to showcase my ability to both conduct inquiry and analyze the results to produce a quality final product that demonstrates that I am cognizant of the rhetorical situation. Professional writers conduct inquiry quite often and use the results of that inquiry to shape their writing and content.

In this section, the documents I include are a consulting project that I created in my Writing and Inquiry class, a job analysis I conducted in my Industrial and Organizational Psychology class, and an interview project from my Writing as Inquiry class. With the documents in this section, my rhetorical decisions often became what not to include as well as how to arrange the content of that document in the most rhetorically effective way possible. In my rhetorical decisions I also considered the context of research and analysis and the type of product that research lends itself to in addition to the consideration of how to best present those products to my audience, often utilizing the five canons of rhetoric.