One of the primary ways in which I identify myself is as a writer who has engaged in a good deal of research. This research spans a wide variety of topics and has taken on various forms. This section of my portfolio demonstrates some of the research that I have done in different areas during my time as an undergraduate.

As an English major with a concentration in Literature, I have had to demonstrate my ability to read important works of literature, conduct secondary research about that literature, and to analyze that literature in a rhetorically sound and persuasive way. This is demonstrated in the first document in this section, a paper I wrote for my Advanced World Literature class. As an Honors Fellow at Elon, I have taken several classes that have asked me to look outside of my English major, and to consider and conduct research about other academic fields and the world around me, which is seen in my second document, a paper I wrote about the ethics of prenatal testing for disabilities. Lastly, as another part of the Honors Program, I have had the unique opportunity to develop and conduct an extensive research study on a topic of my choice within my Professional Writing and Rhetoric and major concentration. All of these different topics showcase my diverse interests and experiences in research.