My professional experiences have been one of the main reasons I have chosen to pursue a career in law. During the summers of my freshman and sophomore years of college, I interned for the United States Senate Sergeant at Arms (SAA) Customer Service division, which handles the day-to-day business of the Senate. I then got the opportunity to work at the law firm of Connell, Sheldon, and Flood, a capital defense firm. While these internships have left me with a true passion for law and have placed me on the path to becoming a member of the legal profession, they have also helped me to develop as a professional writer. Both of these internships required me to do actual professional writing. These documents showcase how my Professional Writing and Rhetoric (PWR) skillset translate into the professional setting and how viewing my education from a professional perspective has helped me to develop as a professional writer. Having the opportunities to use the skills and knowledge I learned in PWR classes in non-academic settings has been invaluable.