During the summer heading into my junior year, I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to combine two things that I love: fashion and writing. I was accepted to become a summer intern for a website called CollegeFashionista. As a “Style Guru” I was assigned the category: “What to Wear” and would be writing about different occasions that I have been previously assigned each week. Every Thursday a new blog post would be due as well as a blog post from the previous week would go live.  I looked to my environment and the “Fashionistas” that I saw in every day life to draw inspiration, and create an interesting blog. Ultimately, I strived to strengthen my writing each week and challenge myself to integrate new styles that my readers could incorporate in their wardrobes.

Other blog writing that I included in this section occurred when I worked as a CUPID associate for Elon University. CUPID stands for the Center for Undergraduate and Publishing Internet Design. CUPID creates an environment for those that are taking English courses (particularly professional writing and rhetoric) to work on projects that involve internal and external clients in a collaborative setting with student assistance if needed. The center focuses on design and production while associates concentrate on complex writing projects to further become better communicators throughout different professional settings and rhetorical tools and strategies. 

I also decided to include the blog posts that I created while taking a literature class. Through this particular blog writing I incorporated the texts that were read and shared new ideas on WordPress by closely analyzing the texts.