Reflections on Implementation

One of the biggest limitations my research had was the fact that only twelve students agreed to participate in the survey.  This group was not large enough, nor diverse enough, to represent my freshmen classes.  Since the group was so small, my findings are very limited.  I can say with absolute certainty that experiential learning projects helped twelve students improve their self efficacy, but I can't make any generalizations about the rest of my students.

However, even though I can't make any sweeping generalizations, I do plan on conducting experieintial learning projects in the future.  It's hard to prove that they add to the process, but it is clear that they do not detract from it.  I will conduct more studies on this topic in the future.

Reflections on Results

After conducting this research I am much more aware of the role student self perceptions play in the classroom.  I can not say with any certainty that raising student self efficacy leads to an increase in test scores, but I can say that having the students focus on their strengths and identify ways to fix their weaknesses did not hinder them.

Student vocabulary changed as the course progressed.  I noted in my journal that students complainged about not understanding instructions and concepts at the beginning of the course, but by the end they were asking questions of eachother and trying to find answers out on their own, albeit in a limited fashion.  However, any gain in this regard is monumental to the average classroom teacher.